Thumbnail Filmstrip of KLEI Silver Harmony RCA Plug Images
KLE Silver Harmony Phono / RCA Plug
The KLE Innovations (Keith-Louis Eichmann) Silver Harmony Phono / RCA plug has been redesigned from the original Bullet Plug to overcome metallurgical shortcomings in the original design. The Harmony Plug is a new revolutionary approach to Keith-Louis Eichmann’s (aka KL) previous Bullet Plug design, which itself was a revolutionary approach to the phono plug / RCA connector.
KL believes he has, with this new phono / RCA blueprint, solved a series of problems that collectively degrade audio / video performance and that do so in an additive manner. The importance of this innovation and redesign cannot be overstated. Its ramifications extend to every RCA interface in which high quality signal transfer is an issue. Extensive listening and critical comparisons played a major role in the evolution of the design, confirming at every juncture the audibility of properly applied science in even the area of Phono/RCA connection. In summary the Harmony RCA plug is a further innovation and totally new approach to RCA connection.
Keith Louis Eichmann's new bullet plug design family, Harmony.
The following are the improvements that have made to the Silver Harmony Phono / RCA plug design when compared to his previous Bullet Plug design:
- Signal pin utilises KLEI PureCopper Alloy with >101% IACS conductivity.
- Ground pin utilises KLEI PureSilver Alloy with >106% IACS conductivity.
- An ultra high purity silver plating is utilised to protect the pins from oxidization.
- Signal and ground pin optimisation to enhance electron flow, in accordance with KL’s Silver Signal / Ground formula.
- Signal and ground pins are now much stronger and shaped like a tag, which makes soldering small / large or multiple wires very easy.
- Signal and ground Anti-Short shield has been added between the signal / ground solder tags.
- Signal and ground pins are arranged to maintain a maximised distance from each other, and the utilised foil technology ensures that capacitive, inductive and EMF effects are minimised.
- The head assembly jaw structure has been redesigned and mechanically improved, to allow an easy snap-like connection to a phono / RCA / cinch socket, ensuring the ultimate connection with easy removal.
- The housing assembly uses two screws to retain and secure the cable.
- Extremely high temperature melting point thermoplastic polymer has been utilised.
- Recommendations: >175hrs burn-in, cable outer diameter sizes from 4mm to 9.5mm.
Silver Harmony Phono RCA Plug.
Comments and Reviews:
Sound: Exceptional resolution, tight non-bloated deep / detailed / resolving bass, extremely articulate presentation, conveys subtle nuances with amazing dexterity, stage is spacious and envelopes the listener, Allows the full emotion of the music to be experienced, superb dynamics and an excellent micro detail presentation, displays delicate upper mid and high frequency detail / resolution and harmonic texture with precision and emotion, delivers music with very very low noise / distortion in a warm musical and involving manner from an very very black / quiet background.
KL's testing and reports received, indicate the KLEI Silver Harmony when compared to the KLEI Copper Harmony, has noticeably better PRAT, Decay, Timbre and Texture, Edge Control and Extension, Resolution, and Stage. The following quotes are from the many reports that KL has received…
With the KLEI Silver Harmony RCA plugs…
- The violins came across smooth and extremely detailed but with a more spacious image that is wider, deeper and with a more precise placement of the musicians within the space.
- What you hear more of are the extremely fine higher frequency micro detail/resolution, such as those found in the reproduction of cymbals, having a very fast attack of the initial strike, followed by a long decay, both of which has body and texture.
- Sibilance now has considerably more texture and depth and is silky smooth.
- When listening to just a couple of guitars, a little subdued percussion, and some nice melodic slide guitar way in the background, that's where the KLEI Silver Harmony RCA plugs excelled, delivering a crystal clear reproduction containing the very subtle micro detail/resolution of the strings being plucked and the buzzing of the strings on the fretboard and as their hands move up and down the neck the unmistakable rasping of fingers sliding over the "round-wound" strings. At the other end of the frequency range is added depth in the lower bass frequencies with considerably more control.
- Especially on acoustic tracks and classical ensemble tracks, it is like being at a live performance where the applause has body, instead of sounding like a game show contestant getting the right answer and you only need to close your eyes and the performer was right there in the room.
- I find the timbre of an instrument or the subtleties in an artists voice to be much more revealing and allows the realism in the recording to shine.
- The extended width of the image (sound stage), now considerably wider than the distance between the speakers.
- The bass line has a deeper presentation, but also an extended level of control that revealed never before heard texture and the improved dynamics and additional slam not previously experienced.
- A significant improvement in imaging and dynamics.
- High frequency details were much improved and extended
- There is without a doubt more detail and resolution, particularly from the percussion section that is placed even further back in the image, but without losing any clarity or volume.
- The tambourine had much more pace to it and the castanets had a more life-like clack to them.
- The sound the KLEI Silver Harmony RCA plugs convey is full bodied and full range and is definitely NOT thin or bright.
- In the case of the KLEI Copper Harmony RCA plugs I summed up their performance in one word clarity but in the case of the KLEI Silver Harmony RCA plugs they transcend clarity and they are simply transparent.