Thumbnail Filmstrip of Swing Turntable Headshell 203A1 Images
Nasotec Swing Headshell - Turntable Head Shell 203A1
The Swing Headshell improves tracking ability with no distinction of inner and outer groove tracking performance. By using a well-balanced swing created by two springs you can make superb groove tracking through all of the tracks resulting in an overall improved performance.
The "Swing Headshell" is an another short arm for your turntable. Due to it having a soft joint, short and light arm with a 'Swing Headshell' can track a groove more delicately with better balance.
Nasotec Swing Headshell rear connection - SME type connector.
- Minimizes tonearm resonance
- Cartridge vibration is cleared away through the joint with an extremely small amount of the vibration transferred to the arm
- When compared to a regular tone arm the arm equipped with "Swing Headshell" is superior in terms of tonearm resonance
- Extends lifespan of the stylus due to reducing one sided wear as it swings
- Two springs suppress the vibration of the swing head
- Easy to set up by simple spring tension adjustment
- The strength of the spring suppresses the vibration of the swing head to produce overall improved sound quality
- Model 203A1 (upgrade over previous version 201A1 and 202A1)
- SME type connector
- Total weight: 11g
- Swing head weight: 4.5g
- CNC machined aluminium
- Lead wire set
- Bolt, nut and plastic washer set
- Hex key
- Instruction manual
Videos of the Swing Headshell in action: Nasotec Highendcity YouTube Channel
Nasotec Swing Headshell colour options.
Nasotec Swing Headshell underside.
Why Tonearm Geometry?
The Swing Headshell helps keeps equal pressure on both sides of the groove walls (this is how stereo sound is recorded on a record) so sound reproduction is balanced between the two channels. More details, more natural and more balanced sound.
Improves Tracking Ability:
Little difference between inner and outer groove tracking performance - the well-balanced swing will improve the groove tracking through all the record tracks. To make it easy to understand what the Swing Headshell is, consider that the Swing Headshell is like another short tonearm. Due to having a soft joint; this short and light arm can tracked a groove more delicately with well-balanced forces. How can that be possible? The stylus can enter deeper into the groove, with its light and flexible swing, and track both sides of groove with well-balanced force.
Minimises Tonearm Resonance:
More unwanted vibration occurring in a cartridge is dissipated away through the joint and an extremely small amount of the vibration is transferred to the arm. According to Nasotec's comparison test of tonearm resonance, they found the arm equipped with the "Swing Headshell" is superior to any other common type of arm existing at present for the tonearm resonance. Due to the joint, the resonance is reduced further than a directly connected headshell to tonearm.
Helps Extend Lifespan of The Stylus:
An extended life span of the stylus is likely since the soft and flexible swing reduces the one-sided pressure on the stylus.
Swing Headshell exploded view.
Nasotec Swing Headshell example mounting.